1/8 one step at a time
Thursday, August 2, 2018 | 8/02/2018 01:36:00 AM | 0 comments
Today I met up with someone who I treasure, and felt really encouraged and understood for the first time in a while. Thank you for grounding me in faith and grace, for listening and understanding, and for your affirmations every time.
I learnt a few things after tnite:
1. I really don’t have many friends, esp in a world that is growing so fake. But I have a handful of real friends and a few rocks who I should be grateful for.
2. “Stop thinking everyone dislikes you”. (although most ppl prolly still do hahaha)
3. I am blessed and I have a lot more than many, so for that I should be more appreciative.
4. As done as I may feel w life and love rn, the world could use (does need) more love. And combined with no.3, I guess the lesson is: give. give more.
5. It’s okay to think that two is better than one.
6. I overthink and I’m sensitive. I don’t always worry, but understand and feel a lot of things that are beyond my age. Which could explain why I haven’t been a very happy youth / ya, or why I tend to feel unfitting with ppl my age. Someone finally put that into words for me today. But I also realized that it’s not sth I can help or change. So embrace. Overcome. Trust more.
These two weeks have been accompanied by ICU visits, a funeral, and news of the passing of a respected figure omw home. I guess, a timely reminder of how precious and short life is. So treasure people who are important to you more, everyday. Treasure your own life more.
There have honestly been days recently when I wondered if I was depressed, when everything positive about me felt so fake. Tnite made me feel much better. Looking forward to a restful and peaceful weekend! I will keep my promise to try, and hopefully find what I need to seek 🎈





