25/3 兜圈
Thursday, March 24, 2016 | 3/24/2016 02:57:00 PM | 0 comments
This week, I've been presented with two sides of reality (or maybe one is more fantasy): The first, that trying and being yourself is the most important.
The second, that the world (or my elitist world) ((or just my school)) is only going to select people who they (based on their criteria) think will make it and groom just those, leaving the rest to fend for themselves/fall through the gaps/ die (it's okay) ((but how do ppl even get the right to decide who is good enough when they're not God??)). And also some xxxxx youths are extra exclusive and only want to be with the people who laugh the loudest and show off the most parts of their bodies. (I don't understand how they can prefer such people over the little group of (much more authentic) friends I have when we're all equally mature but ok to each their own maybe one day they'll realize it's more important to know people with substance than looks??)
This week I also learnt that true friends honor their words. I learnt that true friendships make you a better person. I learnt what true friends do not do- they do not constantly tear you down with toxic remarks and not apologize even when you dislike it. true friends are people who you don't have to put up your defenses around. I learnt that not everyone is worth befriending or staying on for, but for now I'm going to try to hold on and maintain my distance- not because I'm desperate for friends (so proud to say I've outgrown that stage guys!), but because I think I could still try to make their worlds a better place before I leave. I learnt forgiveness, for those who probably just don't know what it's like to be truly cared for and to care for others truly.
This week I learnt that the period of trying is the hardest, cos you're met with the most temptations then. It's when you try to climb and stand up that life shoots you with the most bullets to push you back down. But you bite the bullet and not give up. You have to will yourself to stand up.
I'm trying v hard but still finding it v difficult to accept/love the people I really dislike (the fake, insincere ones, the backstabbing ones, the ones that hurt etc). It really doesn't come to me naturally, yet as Christians we have to love everyone cos we ourselves are sinners and we have been loved by God. And I know I should leave it to God to deal with them and try to love others with His love, but it's just so so hard esp when they keep doing new stuff to tear me up and I happen to have v high defense built around me. (Then I feel like my relationship with God also has weakened cos of all these issues.)
I've been trying to stay confident with the little confidence I've found, to "fake it till I make it", to be patient and understand that a piece of shit cannot blossom into a flower overnight, yet there are just enough things out there to challenge this little bit of confidence and "I am good enough" belief everyday.
This week I learnt that people tend to be skeptical and cynical about what they know less about, or the path less taken. It is evident from some of the hilarious reactions I've gotten from telling others my preference to pursue my studies in China (over UK/SG). But through this I also felt pride and motivation- pride from knowing that I know what's available there, that it's what I want and that I've made a conscious decision, and motivation to prove to the mocking-birds not just that I can do this, but that China is worth going to. (Or maybe China doesn't even need me to prove her to others, she will prove herself to them when they start working :p)
How would you even know if anything works unless you try?
It might be risky but I'm going to heed the first side of reality (nicer fantasy side I've been presented with.) I'm going to try everything I can, and believe that that's good enough.
This week my mood has been pretty roller-coaster-ish with the roller-coaster-like-body-temperatures I've been getting, but there's this playlist I've put together that made me feel better when I felt v sick, v shit, v lousy, v inadequate. I am thankful for these song&lyrics writers, thankful that there are still people who are doing their best to spread positivity and hope in this sad realistic world.
I named the playlist Try, and if one day you feel like you just need to feel better about yourself, try playing it (not in order/loop?):
1. Try Everything- Shakira (Zootopia)
2. Try- Jay Chou/Patrick Brasca (Kungfu Panda 3)
3. Ordinary- the Sam Willows
4. Fight Song- Rachel Platten
And also snippet from a post:
"You are the sum of strength developed from the hardest, most soul shattering times and your happiest, proudest moments filled with deep-belly laughs and soul touching smiles.
You have something that no one else has to contribute to this big blue and green earth – you have your own miraculous identity, your own touch of genius, and your own way of spreading compassion and love."
Then on the not-so-great-side of having confidence, my heart has been feeling really wild these days, and I feel my feelings flying away to everyone like butterflies when they shouldn't. I'm gonna pray about it and leave this to God, cos I don't think this should be the wayyy aye. Need to get my relationship with Him right first and I know He'll take care of the rest. So I need to get my heart & hormones to calm down hahaha.
this has been a long post but I'm gonna end off with lyrics from Zootopia and Kungfu Panda (yes they are really inspiring inspiring movies esp Kungfu Panda which taught me that the best Kungfu/Chi I can master is my own strength; to be the best me rather than try to be others)
"I messed up tonight, I lost another fight
I still mess up but I'll just start again
I keep falling down, I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what's next
Birds don't just fly, they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Till I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
Look how far you've come, you filled your heart with love
Baby you've done enough, take a deep breath
Don't beat yourself up, don't need to run so fast
Sometimes we come last, but we did our best
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
I'll keep on making those new mistakes
I'll keep on making them every day
Those new mistakes"
Try Everything- Zootopia
"You always have to do something
Just to show the world that you exist
So you try
You hope they'll see
If on this brand new day you'll look
On the bright side of the same old street
You will see
What you deserve
Just to show the world that you exist
So you try
You hope they'll see
If on this brand new day you'll look
On the bright side of the same old street
You will see
What you deserve
Let's go
我说几华里我送别了过去
他们说人生的结局非常的戏剧
塞外羌笛孤城马蹄
在武侠的世界里谁与谁来为敌
我说几华里我送别了过去
他们说人生的结局非常的戏剧
塞外羌笛孤城马蹄
在武侠的世界里谁与谁来为敌
La la la la la la la la la
黄沙里用竹笔写下的字叫勇气
黄沙里用竹笔写下的字叫勇气
You just have to try (try try try)
To be who you are
And you ought to fly
Step into the light
To be who you are
And you ought to fly
Step into the light
And soon you will find
(Be yourself)
Somewhere deep inside
There's a universe right there waiting to be unlocked
The key lies in looking into yourself
Oh Try (try try try)
Just do what is right
You'll fly so high
Let go of the brakes
Be who you are
Be yourself 'cause your power is on
(Be yourself)
Somewhere deep inside
There's a universe right there waiting to be unlocked
The key lies in looking into yourself
Oh Try (try try try)
Just do what is right
You'll fly so high
Let go of the brakes
Be who you are
Be yourself 'cause your power is on
When you believe in what you've got
You know you're perfect just be who you are
You know you're perfect just be who you are
So they don't see what you're made of
But I like you and I know they're wrong
Now it's time
To show them what you got
Let the blue skies cheer you on
Embrace the wind we'll ride along
You're perfect when you're who you are
这世界有些事有些人凭感觉
别管他旌旗密布遍野狼烟霜雪
那故事在穿越而我也在翻页
一行行做好准备敏锐而直接
But I like you and I know they're wrong
Now it's time
To show them what you got
Let the blue skies cheer you on
Embrace the wind we'll ride along
You're perfect when you're who you are
这世界有些事有些人凭感觉
别管他旌旗密布遍野狼烟霜雪
那故事在穿越而我也在翻页
一行行做好准备敏锐而直接
La la la la la la la la la
爱不灭真实的一切废话全收回"
爱不灭真实的一切废话全收回"
Try- Kungfu Panda 3
















