26/11 auntie babbles
Friday, November 27, 2015 | 11/27/2015 01:17:00 AM | 0 comments
This is gg to be quite a deep post and a super narrative one (I haven't had the time/mood to be this narrative/ detailed in q long I feel!!!!)
Zzzzzzz ok I'm not gonna start angsting again
So today i caught Our Times with the class and I felt a teeny bit proud of myself over some very auntie thing I did haha although practically no one who heard gave a shit about it (okay ma and joy thought it's okay/were proud of me thank u both hugs)
I decided to forgo the online booking ytd and take a small little risk (which was rlly small according to joy cos the cinema is usually q empty at that time) to buy the ticket today instead! Cos got student price hahaha. I mean $2.50 may sound like cheapo/nth to some but
1. The money wasn't earned by me but my parents and until I understand how tough/easy earning money is, I shouldn't spend unnecessarily
2. My mom says that lunch in her school with a drink costs $2.50 (that price discrimination in hc LEL)
And if my mom who earns income for the family spends $2.50 sometimes on a meal in canteen, who am I to waste that $2.50 on online booking hahaha but this is not the most important point
3. How many students live on $2.50 for a meal from their parents? How many adults in SG live on $2.50 for a meal? How many families? how many in SG then live on $2.50 a Day? And how many in this World live on $2.50 a day?
Yeah so I know my friends all dam rich and I'm dam auntie and e ppl around me have been (nicely or not) telling me to stop carrying this kind of lame auntie burdens on my back and live like an 18yo
But I just can't get the extra thoughts out of my head eh hahaha
So it was actually secretly v scary & unnerving to do this alone cos 14 ppl in class ordered their tix and I was e only one who didn't but i decided that on this day, on 26/11, I would make some sense out of the economics and mathematics syllabus I've learnt over the past 2 years and apply them in reality HAHAHAHA
It's also proof to myself that I have learnt something these 2 years/ not for nothing!
I was joking about redistributing social wealth but I'm serious about making this my habit and consciously doing such things more. I mean if I intended to spend the $9 I will spend it, just that it depends on who I spend it on. if I could give the oligopolies/supernormal profit earners/rich people less and donate more to those who rlly need it (like in tpy I haven't been there for long and haven't bought tissues from the blind auntie/guitar uncle/ etc), WHY NOT??
Also in sec3/4, msyao helped 413 adopt an overseas child and if I save this way I could maybe really help someone even if it's just one life!
So on 26/11, I felt abit better bout myself (though I screwed up seahist)! not like I'm doing anything v great (it's rlly such a small ant matter that I'm making a molehill out of and giving myself undeserving credit for) but even if I get a freaking B or C or U for econs and math ultimately, at least I know I've learnt some useful stuff in these 2 years that I can actually apply in the real world hahaha. I would rather be that than get an A and not have any idea what to do with the syllabus I killed myself learning. I'm talking about myself cos I think I only have the ability to do either one but I think/bet the rest of hc/ smart ppl can get A and apply dam well to life also. Good for them.
[actually to discredit myself, I wasn't v interested in the movie at all initially cos most/ all romance movies are q unrealistic and not ever gonna happen irl so no point watching? so I was thinking if no ticket when I reach then i go home and sleep haha won't lose out]
But.
PLOT TWIST when I couldn't stop tearing up throughout the movie although ITS SO UNREALISTIC and wah like I kept feeling so pekcek cos I expected a bad ending where they wouldn't get together so even during the sweeter moments I was just thinking "it's not gonna last anw" but yeah the movie turned out okay! just that I really had promised myself not to shed a single tear today so I felt pekcek again! NOT TODAY NOT EVEN FOR SEAHIST cos I'd been anticipating TODAY for a vvv long time!!! So I felt abit like maybe i just shouldn't have watched the movie today not that it was not good haha
But the fact that I shed so much tears for a movie really shows how freaking stupid i am haha yet positively interpretated it could show that the movie really was not bad/ just q qianbian
(and I don't think I'll ever watch it again unless I'm in the mood for bawling)
I think ultimately I would recommend the movie Our Times cos there's always sth to learn from every movie/story like for this its to treasure important people around you! ((I can't get why/how some ppl esp "movie lovers" can rank movies as good or lousy/bad))
Just that sigh I rlly don't like movies with bad endings haha! personally prefer movies with happy endings much much much more and this movie was headed towards a really tragic/annoying ending till the last 5mins
Which is why I wanted to watch some cartoon initially haha budden I guess it's time for me to grow up too and learn to watch romance/deeper stuff.
Speaking of which I always find the not funny parts of the movie dam hilarious sth is wrong with me so just don't ever watch movies with me (except joy hehehehehe)
And again sorry khor wah it was q awkward/embarrassing HAHAHAHAHA
Met joy after movie hehe (sorry class but I wasn't really an existence there either so I shant feel too bad HAHA) and it felt good to enter cotton on/ some clothes shop and try on clothes and buy some clothes and shoes like I finally returned to civilization HAHAHAHA!!! and also seeing her after one month++!!!! Then I was so excited but moment when I realized im meeting her again tmr HAHA actually rlly v thankful for joy and one of the few I must treasure more HUGZ
dinner w parents was good hehe it was supposed to be their date but they decided to accommodate me too cos they felt bad leaving me alone at home after As (I have no friends) (jk I didn't make plans/didn't know both sibs were out) so I tagged along and they kept calling me lightbulb but I just Ren (3) and let them decide/order what they wanted hehe then when dinner ended I said I wanted to go toilet and brought my Bag along! Was so scared my parents would suspect! Also my dad technically could see the counter from where he was sitting and I felt like some rat trying to evade his view haha
Ultimately it was a success!!! (i kept using ultimately for essay conclusions HAHAHA)
they didn't even realize until after a while ma saw my face and was like "she did sth wrong" when I was trying to act normal and I can't continue bluffing once I get exposed type haha so they slowly realized haha
but thanks daddy for not stopping/reducing my pocket money ss since prelims even when I obv had Nowhere to go and Nothing to spend on (except offerings, onion rings and abit of minimart snacks hahaha) ((I told him to stop giving me cos he alr had to help me bank in twice and he's always saying that he doesn't print money but he still always gave me so much money -laughing with tears emoji-)) so today I found sth meaningful to spend on too ^^
Before I go I think I wanna clarify sth! When I said things will change (eg knowing true friends) after 26/11, I didn't mean that 26/11 would be like Cinderella midnight or sth but that when everyone becomes free and have no more exams, then i will see who the ones who bother to make effort and meet up are!
And some ppl I alr know from long ago eg during China trips or stuff like that haha! Like if in a big group and I'm alone and ppl can don't give a shit for weeks/months then they're really not real friends! But then it's during those trips that I also find my real friends cos there are a handful/v few (but I super treasure yall!!) who don't walk in front or behind me but beside me.
That's the most important aspect of friendships I guess (: or maybe some effort to slow down ur pace or quicken ur pace to match the other's.
That being said, I'm prepared for many ppl to leave me cos me being the "other" has somehow stopped putting in effort in friendships to retain them haha. This is cos last time some ppl who mattered a lot would comment that I was trying too hard. And I know I'm always apologizing for who I am now cos of the past but I guess it really taught me that it's better to not show anything/not put in effort or commit so that if anything happens also easier to let go.
So to the present people I'm sorry but either stay and wait first or just get out of my life haha
Like my family members sometimes scream at me when they're pissed,
I'll never be satisfied until I chase everyone who cares away from me hahaha (true to some extent)
Ok this was v deep and vvvv long cos my brain is overactive and i cant fall asleep but here's to better days ahead and settling allllllllll my future stuff and planning while catching up with friends and recovering my piano backlog + bassoon/ snyo standards!!! (And also catching up on my chinese/ american/Taiwanese/Korean dramas and variety shows and loads and loads of books!)
Exactly 2 more weeks before I'm leaving on the jet plane hehehe excites but let's make the most out of this short 2 weeks!(-:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND CONGRATS EVERYONE ^^
这一天终于被林恩欣等到了! 耶!!! ^^
Edit: I forgot to thank a v important person who has been here throughout it all besides my parents
Thank you God my Father for everything! For the peace in the chaos during my papers, for making the burden Milo I lugged around for each paper completely redundant (I'm so glad I didn't hypo again during the actual A levels!!), for giving me strength to carry on when I felt like I couldn't, and for being my shield and protection. I couldn't have done this without You and I'm leaving wtv comes next year in Your hands; I know you have the best plans in mind for me!





