25/8 glorious ruins
Monday, August 25, 2014 | 8/25/2014 11:03:00 PM | 0 comments
This weekend was a tiring one, with piano taking up nearly the entire sat and a funeral wake to attend yesterday after playing class which was bad cos the sudden huge class of 15 people made me really nervous
But got to meet up w my favorite lepak during church time!
And it's been a vvvvlong while since the 4 of us met so
Today was supposedly the worst day of the week but it was somehow really peaceful and enjoyable and maybe even happy.
Worst day cos today was math lecture test and sea history lecture test and I only started studying for math ytd night after everything and sea history during the 1.5hr break before e test
(Somehow still feels like history will turn out better than math LOL)
And actually I've been wasting time playing the test and watching running man And blogging maybe 3X/week these 2 weeks but I've been telling myself (sounds like an excuse) that I need them to continue the journey/not break down at this point where the stress level is ((secretly)) reaching a new high.
Yes and I guess it was cos I was prepared for today to be a terrible day so when it didn't turn out so bad I felt happy! I told myself to just keep smiling and laughing throughout the day because Yes they really do make one feel happier!! (not that I was faking or forcing smiles but rather just concentrating on thinking/observing happy and funny things)
And these little things:
-mommy woke up at 5am today to help me w math and I was feeling really angst cos I was tired and honestly not getting vectors but she was really patient and I left the house feeling like (': though my brain had already exploded leaving my head completely empty
-ponned national anthem to mug and felt happy not just because I hate band but cos I felt like I have finally grown up and made a decision on my own to prioritize one thing over another! (and maybe am finally learning to stop giving so much of myself/my time to things that won't appreciate/give me back anything but unhappiness ultimately). And ms claire said many times before that our main responsibility as a student is still to manage our studies so deciding to go face math/problem w studies instead of escaping to band makes me feel more like a grown up!
(But of course w the length of my explanation comes the level of guilt you can imagine swimming in me the entire morning)
-seeing Kwan twice today for some reason made me really happy maybe because she's always so cool and calm about everythig and I guess she made me feel like everything would turn out just fine
-ms claire bought donuts from belle's yfc thing (which I didn't manage to buy today cos I forgot to pack my pocket$) so I was quite happy that she bought and then she gave me one of the two donuts hahaha
-the weather today was really good I was sitting on the floor studying history and the rain and wind made me feel really...soothed(?) and like ahhhh~ Hahahha and yeah ahhh~ usually becomes ahhhhahahaha so I ended up laughing a lot cos the feel was just (((': I decided there and then that I love the element of wind too besides water (: actually I like earth too maybe (except always full of creepy crawlies) and I don't think I like fire because it's too hot for someone so cool like me B-)
(How did I get here) ((back to topic))
So yes I felt v happy
-and music which I thank God for especially the playlist Pop Ballads on spotify they mainly consist of songs I like/my type
-and B who thought of this When The Weather is Good (WTWIG) syndrome and who sat with me on the floor to mug (:
I wanted to sleep tnite w e windows wide open so I could feel the wind /no aircon but i thought back to that one fine night when I actually did it cos it rained at night and woke up with 9999insect bites so I'm sorry weather but thanks for making me so happy today (:
Now i can't think of a reason why any of you would be interested in reading all of the ^ and about my WTWIG syndrome and my nonsense but okay the sun is down time for me to say goodniiiiiight!
Jiayou everyone! When the going gets tough, the tough will get goingggggg (-: (that means the shit you face now will get going. Also means You will get going so Dont STAHP ((,believinggg~)) )
/
When the mountains fall, and the tempest roars You are with me
When creation folds, still my soul will soar on Your mercy
When creation folds, still my soul will soar on Your mercy
I'll walk through the fire, with my head lifted high, and my spirit revived in Your story
And I'll look to the cross, as my failure is lost, in the light of Your glorious grace
Let the ruins come to life, in the beauty of Your Name, rising up from the ashes, God forever You reign
And my soul will find refuge, in the shadow of Your wings
I will love You forever, and forever I'll sing
And I'll look to the cross, as my failure is lost, in the light of Your glorious grace
Let the ruins come to life, in the beauty of Your Name, rising up from the ashes, God forever You reign
And my soul will find refuge, in the shadow of Your wings
I will love You forever, and forever I'll sing
When the world caves in
Still my hope will cling to Your promise
Where my courage ends
Let my heart find strength in Your presence
Still my hope will cling to Your promise
Where my courage ends
Let my heart find strength in Your presence
-Hillsong/Glorious Ruins









